Only 33% of people in business surveyed by the About my Brain Institute reported taking the time to relax and completely disconnect. Think about this: if only 1 in 3 workers are allowing their bodies and minds time to reset and rest, what's going on with the other 67%? You need to allow yourself time to recharge and integrate your body and mind if you want to perform at your best!

Oprah Winfrey has been an inspiration for women for decades. Born in poverty in rural Mississippi, she has become one of the most influential women in the world. Winfrey is a believer in meditation and spends time each day sitting in silence. She has also brought in teachers for her staff to learn the techniques.

Oprah Winfrey isn't alone. Many celebrities around the world practise some type of meditation. Many of them have shown that allowing the body and mind to balance is necessary for success.

Some of these celebrities include Madonna, Russell Simmons, Eva Mendes, Katy Perry, and Clint Eastwood. Successful businesspeople such as Rupert Murdoch (CEO of News Corp), Bill Ford (Executive Chairman at Ford Motor Company) and Arianna Huffington (Editor-in-Chief of Huffington Post Media Group) also recognise the benefits of mindful meditation.

What If You Aren't Wealthy Or Famous?

You don't have to be a music mogul or movie star to integrate your brain and body.

You can certainly set some time aside each day to concentrate on your health and mental wellbeing. Humans aren't batteries; we cannot keep going and going without taking some time to rest.

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.

Sydney J. Harris

An understanding of how to nourish your brain, instead of overloading it, will provide the platform for everyday life. 

How Integration Relates To Performance

Integration is one of the 4 pillars under the competency of Performance in the i4 Neuroleader Model. Performing optimally requires regular maintenance and knowing how to integrate your mind and body will ensure that you are able to perform at your best. 

The i4 Neuroleader Program will teach you the importance of integrating brain & body, as well as simple but powerful strategies that you can easily implement in your life.

i4 Neuroleader Model Framework

5 Tips For Integration

  1. Learn to breathe deeply
  2. Take a 20 min nap
  3. Walk for 15 - 20 minutes daily
  4. Take re-charge weekends
  5. Use neurofeedback devices

Integration of your body and mind can be achieved if you slow down and take some time for yourself each day. The fast-paced business world is often so hectic, and you can't keep up a frantic pace forever.

Taking a short nap, or a walk in the woods can reset your brain and help you be more successful, both professionally and in your personal life.

Originally posted on: 1 June 2017
Last updated on: 25 May 2024
Silvia Damiano

Silvia Damiano

Founder & CEO
About my Brain Institute

Scientist, educator, author, speaker, coach, award-winning leadership specialist, filmmaker and creator of the i4 Neuroleader Model & Methodology.

Silvia's scientific background and curiosity about the human brain led her to a decade long journey of research into optimal brain functioning and the application of neuroscience in leadership and daily life. Her past and current roles have uniquely prepared her for the current undertaking, that of leadership activist & change agent.

Silvia Damiano founded The About my Brain Institute in 2009, with the purpose of democratising leadership & neuroscience. She has a passionately held belief, that leaders in our 21st century global economy and their organisations must radically change long-held ideas of what constitutes effective leadership

In her ground-breaking books ‘Leadership is Upside Down’, ‘Brain-Friendly Leadership’ and the 2018 documentary ‘Make Me A Leader’, Silvia provides both compelling evidence and explores the importance of leadership in our personal and professional lives and what it takes to develop the human behind the leader.

Silvia has worked in different countries, across many industries, helping teams and organisations improve business performance. Silvia’s clients have described her as a passionate, dynamic, a highly experienced speaker and master facilitator on the topics of Emotional Intelligence, Cultural Change, Neuroleadership & Engagement.

Silvia is passionate about leaving a legacy of well-rounded leaders who can act and decide in a way that better serves humanity. Her clients include Microsoft, Australian Stock Exchange, NSW Government, VISA, Fuji Xerox and Manpower amongst many other global companies.

No Comments Yet

Let us know what you think